Dailyhunt serves millions of users daily, and our mission has never changed: to make it easier for people to enjoy the best content in their language, on any device.
With that in mind, we are proud to announce the Dailyhunt Desktop News App for Windows 10!
The Dailyhunt Universal Windows App is now available for download on Windows 10 desktops in an avatar not seen before. Read news and content in English and 14 Indian languages and from 600+ different sources. News, blogs, photo galleries and videos, are all available to you in an easy to use, full screen experience.
Click to download the Dailyhunt app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store
Your experience on the Dailyhunt Desktop app for Windows 10 is personalized through a recommended news stream that learns from your reading behavior and suggests content that will enjoy reading.
Customize your app by choosing topics that interest you and in the order that you want. Add trending topics to your list and follow the latest news and read the latest content.
Want to use the app in your own language? You can change the entire app to function in your favorite language.
Bookmark stories that you wish to read later and find them all in one single screen in the Saved Stories section.
We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions for the Dailyhunt Desktop App. Send us your thoughts via the Feedback form (Settings > Feedback) or drop us a line at YourFriends@Dailyhunt.in.
Coming soon for Dailyhunt UWP: Windows 10 Mobile App, Dailyhunt Books & Dailyhunt Buzz!
Click here to download the Dailyhunt UWP Desktop App from the Windows Store.
It’s time for change!
The Newshunt app has changed and the new upgraded version Dailyhunt is nothing less than a treat for readers! If you are ready to try the new version, click here and upgrade now. Why, you ask? Because the moment you upgrade from Newshunt to Dailyhunt, you open up a world of new features.
- More than 13 languages to read: Dailyhunt has been updated with 15 languages now in which news and books are available for reading. Starting from the news section, you can mark your favourite topics or newspapers and get instant alerts about new posts or articles.
- Save articles you want to read: You can save articles that you like and read them later without having to search for them. Many new newspapers have been added to the app, which are regularly updated with new content.
- Add to cart feature for books: Book lovers are in for a veritable treat! The books section now has an ‘Add to Cart’ feature which allows you to keep adding books as and when you come across them and buy them later in one go.
- Extra discount on books in cart: Another advantage of the cart is the extra 20% discount you get when you buy books through it. Now who wouldn’t like to save something extra? Also buying all your favourite books in one go is better than having to buy each of them individually, which is what Newshunt users have to currently do. If you’re convinced, click here to upgrade to Dailyhunt or keep reading on.
- Sort and filter to find the right book: Another feature that makes searching for your favourite books easy is the sort filter through which you can filter a collection and get results based on your preferences such as new books, price low to high etc.
- Pay per Chapter: If you are skeptical about buying a book, then we suggest you don’t. Instead buy just the first few chapters and start reading. Yes! Chapter wise billing is now possible with the upgraded Dailyhunt app.
- Share books with friends: Once you finish a book and you feel that everyone should read this, you can like it and share it with your friends on social media or mail or WhatsApp.
- Permanently delete books from library: You will also be glad to know that you can now delete a book permanently from your library which is a feature still not available for Newshunt users. Click here to upgrade to the latest version of the Dailyhunt app.
- Never miss alerts with notification inbox: The Dailyhunt app also has a notification inbox where all your alerts and notifications get stored. So you will not miss any alerts about breaking news or about a mega discount sale.
The new features in Dailyhunt will make you fall in love with this app. Whether you choose this destination for books or news you will want to keep coming back. So why delay happiness by sticking to the older version. Upgrade now by clicking here. Trust us, this change is good!
Did you know that Mother’s Day has been celebrated for over two hundred years now? The first time that celebration of this event was recorded in history was during the years before the American Civil War. Ann Reeves Jarvis of West Virginia started a group which was called Mother’s Day Work Club. The sole purpose of this group was to educate women about taking better care of their children. During the days of the Civil War these groups became a unifying force in a country that was still divided. The first official Mother’s Day was held in the year 1868, organized by Jarvis, at which mothers gathered with the Union and Confederate soldiers to promote reconciliation of the war.
In 1990, Ann Reeve Jarvis’ daughter Anna Jarvis conceived the first Mother’s Day in 1905 as a way to honor the sacrifices of mothers who gave up their lives for the sake of their children. In 1908 she got financial backing from a local store owner named John Wanamaker and organized the first official
Mother’s Day in Grafton, West Virginia in a Methodist church. That same day thousands of people attended this celebration.Since that day, Mother’s Day has been celebrated in various forms across the world. In The United States, it has been declared as a holiday. Many people give flowers and gifts to their mothers or giving their mothers a day off.
Whatever the reason be behind the celebration, we salute the spirit of mothers.
We are so often busy with our lives, wants and needs that we forget to give a thought or two about our one and only home – The Earth. This Earth Day here are some five easy ways to protect the our planet from getting damaged further.
- Turn it off – Once you are done with using appliances, lights etc do not forget to switch them off immediately. More often than not we charge our phones and leave the switches on even though we are done. Small and simple everyday changes will help save quite a lot. Encourage others around you to do the same. Use minimal lights in the mornings, try to soak in the natural lighting which is is good for your body and health.
- Every drop counts – We very often take water for granted. This is one resource which keeps us and the planet alive. With the current water crisis in the country, we need to make sure less water is wasted by us. Rain water harvesting is one way in which everyone can conserve water. Also in your daily chores like washing utensils and clothes make sure the water consumption remains optimal.
- Plant a tree – Plant more trees around you. We are cribbing about the scorching heat every summer and the temperature is ever soaring! The reason for this is lack of greenery around us. Keep small plants in your balcony near your window, this will keep the air fresh as plants release carbon dioxide. What’s more? The greenery and colorful flowers will your day a positive start.
- Food waste: Wasting food has become like a trend. Always cook enough to fill your stomach and not the garbage bin. Keep in mind to use vegetables and fruits before they start rotting. Food scarcity is one the biggest crisis the world is facing. Liking Facebook posts with pictures of hungry children will not help, but this definitely will!
- Carpool/Ride a cycle – Have you ever seen those people who drive huge cars and they are the only ones in the car? Well these people might think they are definitely living the ‘life’, but they fail to understand they are adding to existing damage already done to the planet. Try your best to carpool and for short distances use bicycles. Cycling will help you stay fit and your fuel money gets saved too!
This summer, as the cricket fever soars high around the nation, Dailyhunt brings to you an opportunity to win a smart phone – a Huawei Honor phone! Follow these few easy steps and you will be on your way to become the weekly winner –
- Like the Facebook page of Dailyhunt
- Follow Dailyhunt on Twitter
- Open the Dailyhunt app everyday. Look for the contest ad. Click the ad, answer the question.
Correct answers will make you eligible for the lucky winner draw that will happen every Monday. One new question every day through the week.
So keep an eye for the ad and show how well you know cricket !
Your favourite app Newshunt is now Dailyhunt ! You are missing a lot if you do not have the latest app on your phone!
Dailyhunt has everything you treasured in Newshunt and more – the app is now available in your preferred language. We now have multiple features which allow you to find and read news, comics and other content with much ease. So what are you waiting for? Download the app today!
Have you ever seen anyone reading a self-help book and wondered why someone would want to read that? Many people say that reading self-help books is healing and very inspiring. It’s a good way to start your day and a good note on which to bid goodbye to the day.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should always have self-help books in your library.
- Your outlook towards the world becomes more positive: When you read true accounts of people who struggled and survived, or when you read motivational speeches, it leaves a lasting, inspiring effect. Making this a daily habit would be a great way to change your perspective from negative to positive.
- The quality of your decisions improves: It’s a proven fact that when you are in a happy state of mind you tend to make better decisions. A lot of self-help books come with exercises that help you apply what you have read. In this manner, your decision making ability and the quality of your decisions improve. You also get to understand the rationale behind your actions and how they can be improved.
- You learn how to challenge your limitations: Self-help books are all about challenging your limitations. When you read about people who have done tasks that were deemed impossible or you read books that are about personality development, public speaking or even about making friends, you understand areas in which you had been limiting yourself and how you can move beyond that.
If you have never had a penchant for self-help books, it is still not late to start. This genre, even though it falls into the serious category, can be a lot of fun. You can create projects that rocket your personal growth and help you map out a vision for your life. To get you started on this journey, we have prepared a list of the 20 best and popular self-help books. Check them out here!
It’s a known medical fact; whatever may your mood be, you can come out of it very easily if you are in the habit of reading books. So we have compiled a list of the top 5 books that you can read when you are feeling a little low and blue.
- The Alchemist: This is the most hope filled book one can ever come across. A young man embarks on a journey to find a treasure and discovers that he had it all along. As you read the book you start connecting with the struggles, ambitions and aspirations of that young man which makes the journey very personal with every page you turn.
- PS. I Love You: This is one of the most successful books written by Cecilia Ahern, which has also been made into a popular motion picture as well. The one thing we can guarantee is that you will cry, a lot. But this book will re-enforce your faith in love for sure. From losing your true love, to finding hope that life can still move on, this is another book about finding strength and hope when you feel that you have lost everything.
- Master of the Game: Anyone who loves thrillers would have read Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon. The book is so gripping that when you start reading it, you are bound to forget everything else. It’s as interesting and thrilling the first time as it is the second and the third time. The sequels to this book, written by Tilly Bagshawe, are equally good and we recommend them to all Sidney Sheldon fans.
- Mein Kampf: Although Adolf Hitler is considered as one of the most unsuccessful leaders in history, his life story is very interesting and inspiring. If you want to brighten your mood, then sharing space in time with Adolf Hitler and learning about his life is recommended. On these lines, one may also consider reading Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank or Story of my Life by Hellen Keller.
- Timeless tales of Panchatantra: Nothing works better than a slice of childhood to lift your mood and spirits. Reading Panchatantra would instantly take you back to your childhood days when the only worry you had was waking up on time to catch the Sunday cartoons.
Whatever genre you may prefer, books work as a catharsis when you are having a really bad day. Take out some time and let them work their magic.
Make in India is the theme that is resonating with every Indian ever since Prime Minister Modi launched the ambitious campaign. Pride has filled the air even more now because of the celebration of Government of India’s Make in India Week. To mark this occasion, Condé Nast, the media company behind some of the highest quality magazines, websites and digital content nationally has launched a special edition ‘Make in India‘ magazine.
With lot of pride, we share that your favorite app Dailyhunt has been featured in the magazine ! The 200 page glossy magazine showcases the inspiring stories of the most illustrious entrepreneurs who are at forefront Make In India story. It is a moment of great honor that our CEO Virendra Gupta also shared his thoughts in this special edition. He has expressed hope and confidence that Make in India would give competitive branding to Indian products and extend strategic strength to Indian companies when they play in the international markets.
Best wishes to Condé Nast India in its continued endeavor to make more relevant and engaging content for Indian audience as India marches into bright future.
Click here to read this special magazine.
I remember some of the best times I spent during my childhood. Stealing cake from the kitchen or making a tent out of a bedsheet. But my fondest memories are of nights when I stayed up late because I was so immersed in a mystery written by Agatha Christie. That woman sure knew how to spin a tale and maybe that is why she is called the ‘Queen of Suspense.’ She had this uncanny ability to make characters come alive in the minds of the readers and the experience one had was less of reading a book and more of watching a movie reach its climax.
Well there’s good news for all those who grew up as immersed in and enthralled by the world of Hercule Poirot, Miss Jane Marple and Parker Pyne as me.
All the books and short stories written by Agatha Christie can now be found on Dailyhunt – The No. 1 mobile application for reading news and e-Books in all major Indian languages.
Some of Christie’s most famous books like The Murder at the Vicarage, The ABC Murders and The Murder on the Orient Express have been bought and downloaded by readers not just in English, but also in Hindi, Marathi and other popular Indian languages. In addition to these, you can also browse through a wide selection of other books like Death on the Nile (Parker Pyne short story), Peril at End House (Poirot Mystery), They do it with Mirrors (Miss Jane Marple Mystery) and many more. Amongst these titles are some of the rare publications that are probably not very well known but are as gripping at the others like The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metrolpolitan (Hercule Poirot Suspense), Hercule Poirot and the Greenshore Folly.
While reading these books is an absolute pleasure, owning them and having them at one’s disposal to open and start reading at any time is an even bigger delight. That is why we would recommend buying these e-Books to all Agatha Christie fans! Get your e-book here.